El Centro de la Raza is bringing affordable housing to Columbia City.
Located on South Angeline Street and 38th Avenue South, this project will build on local community assets, serving the neighborhood with housing, a child development center, and a church.
The first community meeting for this project will be held Thursday, September 23,2021 at 7:00 p.m. Please email us at ECCCinfo@elcentrodelaraza.org for a Zoom link meeting invitation.
- El Centro will redevelop three parcels of land on South Angeline Street. The site will have approximately 87 apartments in a single, six-story building, offering 37 one-bedroom, 33 two-bedroom and 17 three-bedroom apartments.
- Rents will range from $651 to $1,805.
- On-site amenities for residents will include a community room, outdoor rooftop space, laundry rooms and on-site management.
- In addition to apartments, there will be a church and a child development center on the ground floor of the building.
Church of Hope:
- Church of Hope will own a 2,600 square foot community church with onsite parking.
- Services and events held by the church will be open to the community.
Child Development Center:
- A 7,300 square foot bilingual, multicultural child development center with four classrooms and outdoor play space will be owned and managed by El Centro, who is a nationally recognized provider of high quality, early childhood education.
- Enrollment will be open to the community and will include subsidized tuition options.
Your feedback is welcome! Please contact us at (206) 957-4650 or ECCCinfo@elcentrodelaraza.org.